What is an SRES®?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed the educational course on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make Ann Downing, Realtor, SRES® different?
- She has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- She works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- She can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- She takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- She will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- She understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- She tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- She can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- She is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- She has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Looking for information on difficult subjects such as:
- Reverse Mortages
- A list of popular scams happening to Mature Adults
- Downsizing Strategies
- Home changes to make in order to age in place
- Converting a vacation home to a primary residence
- Where am I, in terms of what my next move should be?
Please call me at 951-733-2486 and I would gladly talk to you and provide information.